The MSI Z270 Gaming M3 motherboard with Intel Z270 chipset (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard features 2 PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16/x8), 2 USB 3.1 (1x Type A and 1x) 2 M. 2 (PCIe 3.0 x4) & 6x SATA 6G, 8 USB 3.0 & 6x USB 2.0, MSI Mystic Light
The MSI Z270 Gaming M3 is an ATX motherboard that uses Intel's Z270 chipset for the latest batch of Intel processors creating a powerful combination specially designed for the most gaming, with processors from the 6th (" Skylake") and 7th (" Kaby Lake") generations in the LGA 1151 socket. Series 200 chipsets, known as "Union Point", come with up to 24 PCIe Express 3.0 lanes, allowing more internal connections (such as SATA or PCIe slots) to be used simultaneously.
The MSI Z270 Gaming M3 allows overclocking of Kseries CPUs, which offer fully unlocked multipliers. This black-themed motherboard comes with two PCIe x16 slots, one of which is connected to the chipset with 16 full lanes, while the other PCIe x16 slot is electrically connected via eight data links.
Memory banks take up to 64 GB of RAM and, depending on the installed processor, support memory 2,133 MHz watches (with Skylake CPU) or 2,400 MHz (with Kaby Lake CPU).
- Model Name Z270 GAMING M3
- CPU support Supports 7th / 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors,
- and Intel® Pentium® and Celeron® processors
- CPU socket LGA 1151
- Chipset Intel® Z270 Chipset
- Graphics Interface2 x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slots
- 2-way CrossFire
- Display Interface DisplayPort, HDMI
- Memory support 4 DIMMs, Dual Channel DDR4-3866+(OC)
- Expansion slots 4 x PCI-E x1 slots
- SATA / M.2 / U.2 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports, 2 x M.2 slots
- Intel® Optane™ Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- SATA RAID RAID 0,1,5,10
- USB 3.1 Gen2 2 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (Type A+C)
- USB 3.1 Gen1 8 x USB 3.1 Gen1
- USB 2.0 6 x USB 2.0
- LAN Killer™ E2500 Gigabit LAN
- Audio 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio with S/PDIF
- Form Factor ATX